Announcing The 2017 Backpack Challenge
2016 was a big year for Nick’s Picks. We added eight new centers including;
- UF Shands Children’s Hospital, Gainesville Fl
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Memorial South Bend Children’s Hospital, South Bend, IN
- Akron Children’s Hospital, Akron, OH
- Brooklyn Hospital center, Brooklyn, NY
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
This brings our total to 14 centers nationwide. We delivered our 1,000th backpack in part because of some amazing help from the students and PTA at Del Mar Heights Elementary School and the Lions International. And in December Team 12 Elite played in honor of Nick’s Picks at the 9th Annual Desert Classic Lacrosse Tournament.
All of the support and good will Nick’s Picks received this year inspired me to dream even bigger. I am making it my goal to raise enough money to provide backpacks for 2,000 kids in 2017. I have been reaching out to some of the generous Nick’s Picks donors and I have some cool fundraising ideas for this year including another stay-cation raffle for Valentine’s Day.
I have also set up a Go Fund Me campaign to reach new donors and spread the word about Nick’s Picks. I am asking all of my followers, sponsors and donors to share my link gofundme.com/nickspicks, so we can get the help we need to meet our 2017-2000 backpack goal.
For some of the kids I meet, these backpacks are the best part of their hospital stay. It helps them make the best of a bad situation and brings smiles to their faces. Your donations can help me continue this mission.
Remember…. every little bit helps.Previous Post Next Post